Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Noah and Matilda Progress Report

Here are my latest three Noah and Matilda blocks. 

I am having a ball with these. I absolutely love these neons. 

I have admired them for years, but I seem to be somewhat obsessed with finding new prints. 


Thanks to so many of my Blogging friends I have acquired many new ones this year. They really “pop” with the shirtings as backgrounds.


To keep myself organized, I have all my patterns, background and backing layouts in a notebook. I am working row by row so I won’t cheat and make my “favorites” first and leave the difficult ones for last.


I also keep track of my start and finish date on each block. I like to record what I am working on each day. I hope some future historian will thank me (if my kids don't through them all away!). 


Do check out the wonderful Facebook page that Dawn (Collector with a Needle) has set up. There are lots of wonderful version. I love sew-a-longs for learning new methods and seeing alternative colorways and settings. 

10 comments:

  1. Your doing great....... I hope our quilting records are not tossed to the side and forgotten.......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooo..I really love these blocks. The neons are great. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so organized and your blocks are awesome. Has there been many of those fabrics printed? I remember some. You seem to have quite a selection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These blocks are so cute! I've admired this pattern for awhile, and am adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blocks are delightful, Wendy. Where did you get the patterns for Noah and Matilda? Are they in a book or was it a pattern purchase? I'm probably not up to a project like these blocks yet but some day....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why am I not surprised that you have everything so organized. :)
    I'm not sure what exactly qualifies as "neon", but I don't think I own any. They really do make wonderfully unexpected touches to your blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the progress on your Noah and Matilda. Nice to know you e had neons added to your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's really great to see how organized you are! And the blocks are fantastic. The fabric really makes these shine.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely love your fabric choices. You've got great organizational skills, too!

    ReplyDelete