Thursday, July 13, 2017

Blockhead Catch Up

It seems I am always a week behind, but row 3 of my Blockhead quilt is now complete. I’m glad I decided to do this in the potholder method, as I think it is keeping me motivated to finish each block each week. And, with this method, the back is often as fun as the front!

Back

 I’m also happy that I decided to set them in order of publication. I like the fact that since there are 6 designers, each one is represented in vertical rows. But, more importantly, it keeps me from having to think about how to set them together – no math and no creative angst!

I have used mostly BetsyChutchian and Jo Morton fabrics with a few others thrown in. I want to keep the scrappy feel so I am pulling from my scrap baskets too!


Check out all the progress (here) or on their Blockhead Facebook page. They have a gazillion (yes, I counted) followers!

9 comments:

  1. You're right, the back is fun to look at too. You are so smart to do the quilt this way. When you finish the last block your quilt will be done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these blocks and that you're using your potholder method. Very inspiring and a good way to use up the reproduction stash. I'm going to have to look at your past posts to refresh my memory on the potholder method unless you plan on publishing a book????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love seeing how fast your quilt comes together! Your blocks are wonderful--front and back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the queen of the potholder technique. Your work is always fantastic with a lot of fun mixed in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! I'm behind, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful method. I love that you are all finished when the last block is made. Brilliant!
    I am always nervous about sewing blocks together before I have them all made. I don't know why, because yours look great. And the colorful back is very fun. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wendy you are quilting your blocks after blocks so you're not late ! And they are beautiful !! :)

    ReplyDelete